FRONT-LINE: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
Are you artsy? More of a hands-on worker? Prefer to work alone or in a small tight-nit team?
Satellite Screen Printing is looking for an outstanding person to join our out of this world team.
We have immediate opening for quality people who know how to work hard and have fun while doing it. No previous experience in screen printing or custom shirt making required. We will train you on the process.
Start Immediately. Standard shop hours are 9 AM – 5 PM Monday-Friday.
The Ideal candidate looking for full-time will be will be expected to work 5 days a week (Monday – Friday). Candidate will be flexible with availability if it is necessary to stay late or start early.
Candidates looking for part-time will be will be expected to work 4 days a week (min 32 hours) Monday – Friday with an agreed upon consistent schedule from week to week. Candidate will be flexible with availability if it is necessary to stay late or start early.
Location: Note we are currently located in Satellite Beach, but will be moving to a new location in Palm Bay in late summer/ fall 2018.
JOB DESCRIPTION 📋
We are looking for a team member who is consistent, skilled, quality-conscious, has a positive attitude, enjoys their work, and works well in a fast paced 2-3 person team environment. This job will require someone that is a hard worker and is willing to learn every aspect of the screen printing process.
This position entails a lot of different daily duties including, but not limited to: sorting, folding, boxing merchandise, cleaning screens and the screen printing work area, working with production to get screen printing jobs completed on time, preparing merchandise for screen printing, maintaining machines, operating machines, preparing screen printing patterns, loading ink, keeping the shop tidy, and solving technical problems.
IDEAL CANDIDATE 😊
• Minimum high school diploma or relevant work experience.
• Experience with mechanical, electrical machinery maintenance, or would consider themselves as “handy” is a benefit.
• Solid planning and organizing skills with strong attention to detail.
• A proven track record as professional, positive attitude and a team player.
• Experience in screen printing, embroidery, direct to garment, and/or sublimation is a benefit.
• A creative mindset, art skills, or digital design such as Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop is a benefit.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS 💪
• Ability to set aside mobile phone and work without the continuous distractions of checking notifications, messages, social media, and the similar. Access to mobile phones, smart watches, and other mobile devices will not be permitted during shop operations.
• Must be able to stand for 8 hours when necessary.
• Must be able to complete repetitious movements consistently for 8 hours a day when necessary.
• Satellite Screen Printing is located in a manufacturing environment and requires staff to be aware of their surroundings at all times.
• Ability to perform heavy lifting up to 60 lb.
• Exposed to a moderate noise level (though below 85 decibels).
• Must wear close toed shoes, and dress to standard guidelines with. Loose clothing not permitted.
• May require the use of additional personal protective equipment (such as safety glasses) as dictated by local policy.
• Must be able to distinguish colors across the full color spectrum.
• Excellent eye-hand coordination required.
• Must be able to lift, move, or load boxes that weigh up to 60 lbs.
• Ability to comprehend, speak, write and read English.
• Basic math and counting skills.
• Knowledge of basic hand tools, and general safety.
• Basic mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to interpret and work from established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Ability to work and communicate effectively and courteously with coworkers
How to apply:
Call: 321-241-4931 – Sometimes we have our hands full with printing epic shirts. If we don’t pick up, please leave a voicemail.